Hussein is managing director of transactions for Northern Alberta and is based in Edmonton. Hussein is responsible for leading a team of professionals in facilitating corporate finance initiatives for clients that include the following:
1. Sell side mandates: assisting business owners with the divestiture of their business.
2. Buy side analysis and financial due diligence: leading all financial aspects of an acquisition.
3. Raising capital: Raising debt and equity for growth, including capital expenditures and acquisitions.
4. Business valuations: conducting business valuations for transactions, including shareholder disputes, employee bonus plans and management buy-outs and buy-ins.
5. Valuation of unique assets: conducting valuations of complex and/or intangible assets related to financial reporting.
6. Litigation support: providing expert advice on business valuations in matrimonial disputes.
7. Financial modeling and forecasting.
Hussein is a Chartered Accountant and Charted Business Valuator with over 10 years of experience in corporate finance and financial analysis. Hussein has led and completed a number of multi-million dollar transactions in a various variety of industries, including but not limited to energy services, engineering, construction, distribution, financial services and manufacturing.
Hussein joined Grant Thornton LLP in 2010 as an associate director. Prior to Grant Thornton, Hussein was an acquisition specialist for an international engineering company and was responsible for various aspects of the merger and acquisition program.
Hussein is also very active in educating business owners on divesting their business through various thought leadership pieces, webinars and presentations. Hussein has written and been featured in various magazines and publications, and is a regular contributor for Private Business Advantage, the firm's blog for private business owners.