Learn how to tackle two key challenges facing private business owners at this complimentary seminar hosted by Grant Thornton LLP.
Register below for a seminar in your area.
Wed Nov 7 - Markham *REGISTER*
Tue Nov 13 - Mississauga *REGISTER*
Tue Nov 13 - Niagara *REGISTER*
Wed Nov 14 - Barrie *REGISTER*
Tue Nov 20 - Peterborough *REGISTER*
Wed Nov 21 - Kitchener *REGISTER*
Thurs Dec 6 – Toronto *REGISTER*
Are your tax structures optimized for changes to income splitting rules?
The new rules and exemptions for Tax on Split Income (TOSI) are complex, and present significant challenges for private corporations with respect to tax planning and compliance. In this session, our domestic tax specialists explain how to navigate the complexity and maximize your ability to split income under the new rules.
- Understand changes to the rules affecting income splitting
- Understand new rules affecting passive income earned in a private corporation
- Learn ways to prepare your business for the changes
Are your financial statements supporting your ability to grow?
Financial statements say a lot about your private business and have a direct impact on your options for growth. Are they telling the right story to lenders and other stakeholders? In this session, our Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) specialists explain how to ensure your financial statements are setting you up for success.
- Making financial statements meaningful to lenders
- Evaluating the potential impacts of ASPE hot topics on your financial statements, such as:
- retractable or mandatorily redeemable shares issued in a tax planning arrangement
- potential changes to revenue recognition
- presentation of debt
- preparing combined financial statements
8:00 AM - Registration
8:30 AM - Tax on split income (TOSI) Q&A
9:30 AM - Break
9:45 AM - ASPE + Q&A
11:30 AM - Networking