Stake your claim on growth
There’s no business quite like mining. It’s volatile, risky and complex – but the potential pay-off is huge.
You’re not afraid of a challenge: the key is finding the right balance between risk and reward. Whether you’re a junior prospector, a senior producer, or somewhere in between, we’ll work with you to explore, discover and extract value at every stage of the mining process.
Digging into your business – in Canada and around the globe
Mining is a global business, and member firms of Grant Thornton International Ltd operate in over 130 countries, including Canada, Australia, the UK, Peru, Mexico and South Africa.
Our partner-led teams take time to get to know the intricacies of your business, while moving quickly to meet your needs. The depth and breadth of our client base – from large multinationals to junior businesses in many established mining jurisdictions – gives us valuable insight into the complexity of the industry and its many risks and challenges. We understand and deliver on the rigour and expertise that is required by mining companies and your diverse stakeholders. The ground is shifting. Are you prepared?
In today’s changing landscape, everything is in flux – from financing and labour to regulations and costs. Business leaders need to be creative and open-minded to reduce operational risk and maximize value. Grant Thornton advisors will help you recognize opportunities and unlock your potential for growth.
In addition to a full range of assurance, tax and advisory services for mining companies, we can help you:
- Structure deals to access financing
- Negotiate with creditors to manage debt
- Explore capital market transactions and creative deal-making
- Help you navigate an IPO or secondary listing
Manage rising costs
- Improve productivity
- Outsource core services
Deal with skills shortages
- Access new skills through M & A activity
- Build a more mobile workforce
Stay ahead of shifting regulations
- Understand legislation and tax changes across jurisdictions
- Optimize your tax structure
- Provide insights into local rules, laws and business customs
- Manage the risk of bribery and corruption
Whatever your business challenge, let us help you explore options and discover a winning strategy.