- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
The Inaugural Cannabis Conference in the Windsor-Essex Region
Toronto, ON, Oct. 10, 2018 – On November 6, TheCannalysts and Grant Thornton LLP present the WE Cann™ Conference, a one-day event that profiles the present and future economic impact of the cannabis industry in Canada. With notable keynote speaker Vic Neufeld, CEO of Aphria, and additional speakers from Fox D Consulting and Tantalus Labs, the day will be charged with compelling topics, expert panels and in-depth discussions on economic spin-offs which future formats will provide. The Conference will take place in Leamington, Ontario, located in the Windsor-Essex region where there are many Cannabis-related companies.
“The mission of WE Cann™ is to bring together licensed producers, regulators and associated businesses of the cannabis industry, who have a vested interest in the Windsor-Essex region. It also serves as a platform for businesses to learn more about and tap into the cannabis sector,” said Trisha LeBlanc, Partner at Grant Thornton LLP. “There is a lot of attention on Canada, it is the first G7 country to legalize recreational adult cannabis. Working with TheCannalysts on this conference that brings together industry leaders is timely.”
Those attending the conference can benefit from learning about how cannabis will enable innovation, entrepreneurship, jobs and revenue streams. The conference will connect attendees with over 200 industry leaders from the agricultural, health and wellness, banking, and manufacturing industries to name a few.
“We are thrilled to be hosting this conference with Grant Thornton LLP and in the Windsor-Essex region, as it is on its way to becoming Canada’s cannabis production capital,” said Craig Wiggins, Managing Director of TheCannalysts. “We are looking forward to providing a setting where businesses can learn more about the industry and how to navigate through it. We are bringing a world-class cannabis conference to Windsor-Essex.”
The event will provide attendees with a full-day of individual speaker presentations and compelling sessions on cannabis operations, health, wellness and finance. To learn more visit the WE Cann™ Conference registration site.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.
TheCannalysts is a forum curated to bring publicly-traded cannabis companies and engaged investors together for interactive discussions of issues and opportunities facing the industry. Our platforms include our “Ask Me Anything” series with industry c-suites, “Inside the Ropes” Podcast covering current events and how it impacts investments, “Boots on the Ground” in-depth clinical tours of operations, Science Q&A’s, quarterly earnings analysis, and much more. Our combination of fundamental financial analysis, equity box scrutiny, patent research and science brings investors a unique resource to the cannabis investor. Find out more at www.thecannalysts.ca @thecannalysts on Twitter r/thecannalysts on Reddit.