- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
Halifax, NS (September 24, 2018) – Grant Thornton LLP, a leader in accounting and advisory services, is collaborating with Volta, the Halifax-based innovation hub for entrepreneurs, to help grow Canadian startups.
The collaboration includes a permanent office for Grant Thornton on Volta’s lobby level. The new office space strengthens the support available for startups working out of Volta and will help the hub develop a more diverse community.
"Developing a stronger innovation ecosystem in Atlantic Canada is a team effort,” Jesse Rodgers, CEO of Volta. “Volta is proud to work with partners like Grant Thornton to help connect the startups in our community with companies that are committed to their development and growth,” said Rodgers.
As it is essential to foster the growth of Canadian startups, Grant Thornton is committed to helping new businesses transition successfully through all stages of development. Grant Thornton aims to achieve this by consulting with new businesses on finances, government incentives, effective business planning and creating value for investors.
“The startup community in Nova Scotia and across Canada has grown, and with that, the demand for our services and mentorship has increased too,” said Wade Taylor, Managing Partner, Nova Scotia. “Communities like Volta are critical to ensuring that early stage companies get access to the resources needed to grow and thrive.”
Together with Volta, we will make strides toward empowering Canadian startups. Volta is located at 1505 Barrington Street, Halifax.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.
Volta is one of Canada’s largest innovation hubs, located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Established in 2013, aims to create a space where members of the Atlantic Canadian innovation ecosystem can work, connect and learn from one another by accessing co-working space, events and programs. Learn more at www.voltaeffect.com.