- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Millard, DesLauriers & Shoemaker LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP partners with Pegasystems Inc.
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes The Raber Mattuck Group
- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
Nominations and applications open for Private Business Growth Award
Toronto, ON (May 23, 2018) – The 2018 Private Business Growth Award program is underway and accepting applications from Canada’s top private businesses. The award, now in its sixth year recognizes outstanding businesses that are driven by people, culture and innovation.
The award is the collective vision of Grant Thornton LLP and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce to shine a spotlight on Canadian private businesses, and provide a platform for recognition for their outstanding contribution to their communities and the economy.
“The Canadian business landscape is as diverse as our physical geography and there are many untold success stories in each and every region of the country. I am always astounded when I travel the country and hear these stories first-hand from entrepreneurs who are changing the way business is done,” says the Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
“These businesses are not only transforming the face of business but also transforming the communities they are part of. We are proud that, through our partnership with Grant Thornton on the Private Business Growth Award, we are able to shine a light on some of Canada’s untold business successes. We know we will uncover more as we launch the 2018 nomination process; we look forward to sharing them with Canada.”
Any business can be considered for the award, provided it is a Canadian-owned private business in at least its third year of operation as of December 31, 2017, with minimum annual revenue of $5 million.
“Grant Thornton is proud to yet again celebrate Canadian businesses,” says Kevin Ladner, Executive Partner and CEO, Grant Thornton LLP. “The story of private business is the story of Canada: diverse, dynamic and stretching from coast to coast. Each year we look forward to celebrating the finalists who are vital to their local markets, which inspire other businesses to dream more, learn more, and do more to help their communities thrive.”
The deadline to apply for The Private Business Growth Awards is July 12, 2018. The Top 10 Finalists are chosen by an independent jury panel of Canadian business leaders, based on evidence of strategic, sustained growth in innovation, expansion into new domestic or international markets, development of people and culture, improvements in financial measures and strategic leadership.
To apply, submit a nomination or learn more about the Private Business Growth Award, visit www.GrowthAward.com.
About Private Business Growth Award
The Private Business Growth Award recognizes Canadian-owned, privately-held businesses that have been in business a minimum of three years, have $5 million or more in revenues and have demonstrated outstanding strategic growth. A joint initiative between The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP, 2018 marks the sixth year this national business award has recognized and celebrated the successful growth of private businesses in Canada. A jury of high-profile Canadian business leaders selects 10 finalists and one winning company based on the following criteria: innovation, market development, people and culture, strategic leadership, and improvements in financial measures.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.
About The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce is the vital connection between business and the federal government. It helps shape public policy and decision-making to the benefit of businesses, communities and families across Canada with a network of over 450 chambers of commerce and boards of trade, representing 200,000 businesses of all sizes in all sectors of the economy and in all regions. Follow us on Twitter @CdnChamberofCom.