- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- Budget 2019
Grant Thornton LLP is happy to welcome MacPherson Roche Smith.
Charlottetown, PEI (Oct. 1, 2018) – Grant Thornton LLP, one of Canada’s leading professional services firms providing accounting, tax and advisory services, is happy to welcome MacPherson Roche Smith, a long-standing Charlottetown based public accounting and consulting firm.
For over 40 years, MacPherson Roche Smith has been serving businesses and individuals on Prince Edward Island. Their focus has been on owner-managed enterprises across a range of sectors including retail, food and beverage, hospitality, manufacturing and processing. The new relationship adds 25 professionals to Grant Thornton, including five senior leaders.
“Joining Grant Thornton was a natural fit because they are a like-minded firm―they possess a solid client-first ethic and a positive community spirit,” says Andy Smith, Partner, MacPherson Roche Smith. “We share a mutual respect. We’re proud of our people and clients, and see the blending of our firms as a great opportunity for all concerned.”
“At Grant Thornton our purpose is to help our clients, colleagues and communities thrive,” says Kathy O’Rourke, Managing Partner, Prince Edward Island, Grant Thornton LLP. “The culture that the MacPherson Roche Smith team has developed feels much like ours. When you blend two teams that have a common culture they have unlimited potential to further strengthen ties with business and community leaders. Our colleagues, together as a team, will continue to offer an exceptional experience for our clients by offering a full range of services.”
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.