- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
The Private Business Growth Award program, presented by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP commences this month, recognizing some of Canada’s top private businesses.
This program honours private Canadian businesses that have achieved strategic, sustainable and holistic growth.
“Entering its fifth year, this distinct award program showcases some of the best private businesses from across the country, touching all industries and sectors,” said the Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. “The recognized companies are truly a testament to what is possible with dedication, vision, and an entrepreneurial spirit.”
Consider nominating a deserving private business in your community and showcase
its success. Furthermore, consider nominating your own successful business.
- Between April 12, 2017 and July 14, 2017
- recognition of their successful growth
- validation of the effort of their team
- celebration of their business success
Any business can be considered for the award, provided it is a Canadian-owned private business in at least its third year of operation as of December 31, 2016 with minimum annual revenue of $5 million.
“We are proud to be partnering with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce once again to celebrate some of Canada’s most compelling business success stories,” said Kevin Ladner, Executive Partner and CEO, Grant Thornton LLP. “It’s important to recognize the hard work, commitment, perseverance and passion it takes to foster a thriving business.”
A jury of Canadian business leaders review and judge submissions, looking for clear evidence of strategic, sustained growth across five key areas:
- Expansion into new domestic or international markets
- Development of people and culture
- Improvements in financial measures
- Strategic leadership
The following businesses were recognized as the 2016 Top 10 Finalists for their notable business growth and unique success stories:
- AGNORA Inc., Collingwood, ON
- Aspin Kemp & Associates, Montague, PE
- BioScript Pharmacy, Moncton, NB
- Cows Inc., Charlottetown, PE
- Everest Clinical Research Corporation, Markham, ON
- Klick Inc., Toronto, ON
- Nicola Wealth Management, Vancouver, BC
- Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd, Surrey, BC
- Skyline Group of Companies, Guelph, ON
- StarTech.com, London, ON
To submit a nomination or learn more about the Private Business Growth Award, visit: www.PrivateBusinessGrowthAward.com.
About the Private Business Growth Award
The Private Business Growth Award recognizes Canadian-owned, privately-held businesses that have been in business a minimum of three years, have $5 million or more in revenues and have demonstrated outstanding strategic growth. A partnership between The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP, 2017 marks the fifth year this national business award has recognized and celebrated the successful growth of private businesses in Canada. A jury of high-profile Canadian business leaders selects 10 finalists and one winning company based on the following criteria: innovation, market development, people and culture, strategic leadership, and improvements in financial measures.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.