- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
On November 17, 2017, Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario) hosted a celebration where 59 new CPA Fellows where named and bestowed with the FCPA designation.
Toronto, ON - November 28, 2016
Grant Thornton LLP Canada proudly congratulates David Peneycad, FCPA, FCA, and Steve Bishop FCPA, FCA, on being honoured among this esteemed group of new fellows.
The Council of CPA Ontario elects members as Fellows, each year, designated by the initials FCPA, to formally recognize members who have rendered exceptional services to the profession, whose achievements in their careers and/or whose contributions in the community have earned them distinction and brought honour to the profession.
“Earning the FCPA designation is a respected professional achievement – the profession’s highest distinction,” said Kevin Ladner, CPA, CA, CBV, CEO and Executive Partner, Grant Thornton LLP. “It reflects on the professional skill set and value that both David and Steve bring to the Firm, their profession, colleagues and communities.”
In fact, Fellows are nominated and elected by their peers in recognition of their exemplary qualities and contributions. All nominations are considered by the FCPA Selection Committee, which makes it recommendation to Council.
David Peneycad, FCPA, FCA is the senior financial and administrative executive at Grant Thornton LLP, a practice delivered through 73 offices across the country by 250 Partners and Principals and 1,800 staff. David serves on the firm’s National Management Committee and Partnership Board and has direct oversight responsibility for firm administration, financial management, technology services and risk management.
- He practiced and qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Coopers & Lybrand in the early eighties. He later joined an emerging advertising firm in Mississauga as CFO and junior partner. Over the following 16 years with the firm, David rose to the position of CEO and led the firm through a tremendous period of growth in revenue and profitability while being recognized with numerous industry and business awards.
- During his career, David has served on numerous corporate and charity boards providing operational, financial and marketing support to these organizations. In 2010, David was recognized by the CPA Firm Management Association as accounting administrator of the year with the prestigious ACE Award representing Achievement, Commitment and Excellence in leadership and contribution to his firm.
Steve Bishop, FCPA, FCA is the national assurance service line leader at Grant Thornton LLP, responsible for growth, profitability, quality and risk management from coast to coast. Steve serves on the firm’s National Senior Leadership Team. He was also the Southern Ontario Assurance Line Leader for 12 years. In addition to those responsibilities, he has been a member of the firm’s Partnership Board, and many other committees including Partner Admission Panels and the Compensation Committee.
- Steve has been involved in the Mississauga community for 20 years including serving on boards, and terms as Board Chair for Nexus Youth Services, Peel Children’s Centre and ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development. As well, Steve served on the Professional Conduct Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario from 2012 to 2014.
- After more than 30 years at Grant Thornton, Steve continues to enjoy public accounting largely due to the relationship building and people aspect of our business, developing relationships with clients, staff, fellow partners and the broader community. Steve services clients primarily in the manufacturing and distribution sectors.
This is a unique moment for the new Fellows as they are among the first to earn the FCPA designation during the inaugural election as a unified body.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.