- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
Vancouver, BC – May 2, 2018 – Grant Thornton Limited is proud to announce that the team at Abakhan & Associates, a well-known licensed insolvency trustee firm that has served communities throughout British Columbia for 20 years, will join Grant Thornton Limited, effective May 1, 2018.
With a current presence on Vancouver Island following Hayes McNeill and Partners joining Grant Thornton’s consumer insolvency business in 2016, the addition of the Abakhan & Associates practice will allow Grant Thornton to provide their debt solution services throughout mainland British Columbia, while continuing to service communities on Vancouver Island.
“We are pleased to welcome 32 additional team members, including four new partners, to our team,” said Robert Hunt, Managing Partner of Grant Thornton Limited’s consumer insolvency practice across Canada, and Licensed Insolvency Trustee. “By having Abakhan & Associates join us, we are able to expand our presence in British Columbia by seven new offices, while continuing to work with a team of like-minded individuals who share the same values and prioritize the well-being of their clients, colleagues, and community.”
“This is an exciting opportunity for our clients, our practice and our people,” said George Abakhan, President and Licensed Insolvency Trustee, Abakhan & Associates Inc. “While we will remain the same team and offer the same level of dedication to the people of British Columbia, our clients will now have access to a number of additional resources and services from a national network of Licensed Insolvency Trustees and financial advisors.”
Administering financial fresh starts for 20 years, Abakhan & Associates currently serves several communities throughout British Columbia, including Vancouver, Surrey, New Westminster, Burnaby, Prince George, Vernon and Victoria. They provide a wide range of services including: personal and corporate bankruptcy, consumer and corporate proposals, financial counselling, debt restructuring, and business restructuring and reorganization.
Grant Thornton Limited
Grant Thornton Limited is the consumer insolvency division of Grant Thornton LLP. Its team members are passionate about making a difference for their clients, colleagues and communities across Canada. Grant Thornton Limited believes everyone deserves a financial fresh start, while being treated with dignity and respect. Their Licensed Insolvency Trustees are professionals authorized to administer government-regulated insolvency proceedings and provide expert insights and solutions for debt management. Services include administering consumer proposals and bankruptcies, providing financial counselling, conducting comprehensive analyses of financial practices, and assessing creditor risks.
Grant Thornton Limited’s overarching goal is to help Canadians achieve financial freedom and start clients on the path to a successful future. For more information, visit: www.GrantThornton.ca/Consumer_Insolvency
Media Relations Contact
+1 604 362 1323