- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
Grant Thornton LLP is pleased to announce the appointment of Bruno Godin, National Leader, US Corporate Tax and Kashif Islam, US Corporate Tax Leader, Southern Ontario effective immediately.
Toronto, ON - September 18, 2017
Grant Thornton's focus, both regionally and nationally, is to implement strong leadership as market demand for US tax advice and compliance continues to grow. As trade agreements continue with NAFTA, and possible changes await with regard to trade and investments rules, Grant Thornton continues to help clients with significant cross-border tax issues and planning.
“We enthusiastically welcome Bruno Godin and Kashif Islam to the firm, who both have a long history of leadership and experience in the field,” says Jim Copeland, COO and Regional Managing Partner, Central Canada, Grant Thornton LLP. “Their appointments reinforce Grant Thornton’s commitment to delivering tailored solutions and options to optimize client’s global tax outcomes.”
Bruno Godin - As National Leader, US Corporate Tax, Bruno will expand US Corporate Tax Services across Canada. With close to 15 years of professional experience, Bruno was recently a partner at PwC, where he led the delivery of US Tax services in several markets. He has provided tax services to a broad variety of clients, both public and private, in several industries including retail, manufacturing, construction, technology, financial services and professional services.
Kashif Islam – As US Corporate Tax Leader, Southern Ontario, Kashif comes to Grant Thornton from Deloitte, where he led the US Corporate Tax practice for the province of Quebec. He brings a robust advisory capability that will allow Grant Thornton to provide exceptional service to clients.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.