- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- Budget 2019
After 41 years in Cogswell Tower, Grant Thornton LLP, Halifax, NS, announces that it has signed a lease for 36,000 square feet of commercial office space at the state-of-the-art Nova Centre, located at the heart of the Halifax business community.
Halifax, NS - April 13, 2017
“Our move to the Nova Centre is anticipated to occur by the end of 2017,” said Wade Taylor, Managing Partner, Nova Scotia, Grant Thornton LLP.
“Our decision to move was motivated by two factors: firstly, the ability to create a customized space for our people where they feel inspired to do their best work, and secondly, to be part of a vibrant place of business – the Nova Centre is in the heart of the business and entertainment hub of Halifax. As well, the new Halifax Convention Centre is expected to be a significant economic driver for the province so it’s a natural fit for us.
“The Nova Centre aligns with Grant Thornton’s strategic focus in that it offers bright and welcoming premises where our people are excited to come every day and where we are proud to share with our clients,” continues Wade Taylor. “Our commitment to helping drive growth for businesses across Nova Scotia has never been stronger, and this new urban complex represents progress and growth for our province.”
This new environment will feature enhanced collaboration through barrier-free workspaces, an abundance of natural light and space for all of the firm’s client service people to be on the same floor. In a competitive market, Grant Thornton LLP believes it will also help them to attract and retain talent.
“We’re delighted that Grant Thornton has chosen the Nova Centre as its new home,” said Joe Ramia, president and CEO of Argyle Developments. “As the largest accounting and advisory firm in Atlantic Canada, Grant Thornton is a perfect fit for what will soon be a prominent place of business in our region.”
The move involves approximately 185 people from the Grant Thornton, Halifax audit, tax and advisory groups, in addition to IT, finance, marketing, and HR teams. The office will be located on the 10th and 11th floors.
The Grant Thornton Limited consumer insolvency practice in Halifax will remain at the Bay West Centre on Mumford Road.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.