- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
Grant Thornton LLP expands its advisory and cybersecurity team, welcoming accomplished expert Sunil Chand as leader of the National cybersecurity practice.
Toronto, ON - April 3, 2017
“We’re honoured to have such an esteemed cybersecurity advisor working with Grant Thornton,” said Kevin Moshal, CPA, CA, BAcc, Managing Partner, Southern Ontario. “Sunil is currently working closely with the Grant Thornton advisors to help support our business risk and forensic teams to enhance our current solutions for clients and prospects.”
Sunil is a security management professional bringing more than 20 years of experience to the position. Prior to joining Grant Thornton LLP, he held the role of Director, Information Security Consulting Services for TELUS Security and Chief Information Security Officer for a number of other organizations. Furthermore, he has developed and executed go-to market strategies for Governance, Risk and Compliance and Threat and Vulnerability Assessment services, corporate information security strategies aligned to organizations’ business goals, among other recognized accomplishments.
“It’s exciting to be part of Grant Thornton - to enrich solutions that help Canadian businesses assess cybersecurity risk and establish or improve essential cybersecurity processes,” said Sunil Chand, Director, Cyber Security, Grant Thornton LLP. “Cybersecurity has never been more important for businesses, and risk services help organizations prepare for uncertainties.”
Sunil will be presenting at an upcoming Fraud Breakfast in Toronto on Thursday, April 6, from 8-10 a.m., speaking to: Getting started with a cybersecurity strategy:
Cybersecurity requirements are mounting, driven by a broad range of legislative and regulatory requirements; numerous industry standards; internal and external audit pressure; and increased risk due to rising levels of hacker, worm, virus and spyware activity. These drivers are putting organizations under pressure to adopt a more strategic approach to cybersecurity management.
Before undertaking the expense of hiring an enterprise security leader and team and developing a solution from scratch, it makes sense to gain a fuller understanding of your cybersecurity maturity and risks. This presentation explains how to assess existing cybersecurity posture and gain a clear understanding of exposures and gaps. It will address common cyber security challenges, steps for building a security program, the benefits of taking a holistic approach, tips on how to structure a practical implementation program, and the critical factors for success.
Sunil holds an MBA from the University of Liverpool and the following internationally recognized professional designations:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified in Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Sunil!
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.