- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
The Private Business Growth Award program, presented by Grant Thornton LLP and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, commences this month recognizing some of Canada’s top private businesses.
Toronto, ON - April 6, 2016
This program shines a spotlight on private companies that have achieved strategic, sustainable and holistic growth, and collectively contributed to the strength of our economy.
“This award platform helps to nurture business growth and inspire Canadian entrepreneurs,” said Kevin Ladner, Executive Partner and CEO, Grant Thornton LLP. “When a great private business success story comes along it needs to be recognized, celebrated and shared for its tremendous achievements.”
Consider nominating a private business or submitting your own business success story: Why?
- Recognition of growth
- Validation of effort
- Celebration of success
“The Private Business Growth Award lets Canadian companies from all regions and all sectors demonstrate what happens when a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a vision for the future and a winning business environment come together,” says Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. “The award finalists are true Canadian success stories.”
Any company within the business community can be considered for the award, provided it is a Canadian-owned private business in at least its third year of operation as of December 31, 2015 with minimum annual revenue of $5 million. A jury of eight Canadian business leaders reviews and judges all submissions, looking for clear evidence of strategic growth across five key areas:
- Expansion into new domestic or international markets
- Development of people and culture
- Improvements in financial measures
- Strategic leadership
Prior top 10 award finalists have been recognized for their notable business growth and their unique success stories. The 2015 Top 10 Finalists were:
- Global Relay (Vancouver, BC) 1st Place Winner
- Baby Gourmet (Calgary, AB)
- Cooke Aquaculture (Blacks Harbour, NB)
- dentalcorp (Toronto, ON)
- Fiera Foods (Toronto, ON)
- Kids & Company (Richmond Hill, ON)
- Medgate Inc. (Toronto, ON)
- Nicola Wealth Management (Vancouver, BC)
- StarTech.com (London, ON)
- Skyline Group of Companies (Guelph, ON)
“When Global Relay was founded in 1999, Canada lacked the infrastructure to support entrepreneurs and private businesses. In the years since, we’ve seen that change for the better,” said Warren Roy, co-founder and CEO Global Relay. “The Private Business Growth Award is part of this shift, as Canadians begin to support, recognize, and celebrate their homegrown success stories. We’re honoured to be one of those stories, and appreciate the positive impact that the award has had on our business.”
Take the time to submit a nomination by July 15, 2016.
To learn more, visit the Private Business Growth Award site: www.PrivateBusinessGrowthAward.com
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.