- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
Grant Thornton LLP, a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm and Best Workplace 2016 award recipient, announces the appointment of Steve Bishop, CPA, CA, BBA, MBA, as new National Assurance Leader, effective May 1, 2016.
Toronto, ON - June 3, 2016
Steve brings almost 35 years with the firm and in-depth experience specific to Canadian private companies with strong focus on manufacturing and distribution. For the past two years, he has also carried the role of National Industry Leader of Grant Thornton’s distribution and transportation practice.
“Steve has been a respected practitioner and trusted advisor, delivering exceptional value to our clients,” said Kevin Ladner, CPA, CA, CBV, Executive Partner and CEO, Grant Thornton LLP. “Steve is a welcome addition to the Senior Leadership Team – he will be integral to building and delivering truly exceptional client experiences.”
Steve joined Grant Thornton in 1984 in Charlottetown and obtained his CPA, CA designation in 1986. He relocated to Mississauga in 1987 where he has been a critical part of the Southern Ontario Business Unit (SOBU). He has held many leadership roles within the firm, including Assurance Service Line Leader in Southern Ontario, a member of the Southern Ontario Management Committee from 2000 – 2013 and a member of the firm’s Partnership Board for two terms.
Steve is also the past Chair of the Board and continuing board member, and member of the finance and audit committee, of ErinoakKids, and past Chair of the Board of Peel Children’s Centre and Nexus Youth Services.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.