- Business Risk Services Business Risk Services
- Creditor updates
- Forensics and dispute resolution Forensics and dispute resolution
- Personal insolvency
- Recovery and reorganization
- Risk management
- Strategic advisory
- Transactions Transactions
Strengthen and secure your defences
Foreign and domestic money laundering is a huge problem world-wide, and Canada is not immune. In fact, it’s a multi-billion-dollar criminal activity in this country — one that enriches criminals and finances terrorists.
The federal government is taking the battle against money laundering and terrorist financing very seriously. They’ve created complex regulations and the rules are constantly evolving as the government tries to stay a step ahead of the game.
We can help you fight the threat
How does your organization join in the fight and strengthen your defences against this serious and pervasive threat? It’s critical to have cutting-edge anti-money laundering (AML) programs in place to prevent, detect and respond to money laundering and anti-terrorism financing. Your reputation depends on it.
Grant Thornton’s team of highly skilled certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists are on your side. We can ensure you’re in compliance, minimize threats, and provide the assurance and security your customers require and the peace of mind you need.
We have your back in Canada and around the globe
Our specialists are where you do business in Canada, with access to an international network of AML specialists. With teams comprised of certified anti-money laundering specialists, former law enforcement officers and regulators, Chartered Professional Accountants, Certified Fraud Examiners, forensic accountants, digital forensics and cybersecurity professionals, we can help you anticipate and deal with any challenge.
- Compliance program review and testing
- Risk assessment
- Program design and enhancements
- Enforcement actions and remediation
- Financial institutions
- Securities firms and dealers
- Foreign exchange providers
- Money remittance service providers
- Online payment systems
- Real estate brokers
- Accounting and legal firm
- Government organizations
- Jewellery retailers and precious metals dealers