As a business owner, you’ve spent your entire life building a successful company and you deserve to protect it—even after you’re gone. Having an estate and succession plan in place can ensure a smooth transition. The decisions you make today will affect the future of your entire business operations and most importantly your family. Does your business have a strategic plan in place and are you aware of the tax implications after the owner passes?
Join us for our upcoming Planning for the death of a business owner webinar on Thursday, November 24 where our tax professionals will discuss:
- what happens to a business owners’ assets after they die
- tax compliance requirements on death and going forward
- implications of appointing a non-resident trustee or having a non-resident beneficiary
- impacts of dying while holding private company shares
- tax planning strategies for business owners
*CPD eligibility: 1.5 hours