The COVID-19 pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on Canadian businesses and the global economy as a whole.
In response, the federal government has updated existing programs or launched new programs to support project-based initiatives. From research and development grants to direct funding for expansion, we have outlined some options available and highlighted the requirements for approval.
Contained within this PDF is information on the following:
- COVID-19 Solutions Program
- NGen Supercluster
- COVID-19 Community Support
- ISC Challenge Stream (TRL 1-6)
- NRC IRAP Innovation Assistance Program (IAP)
- Ontario Together Fund: Help Fight Coronavirus
- Call to action for manufacturers and call for suppliers (procurement)
- NSERC Alliance COVID-19 Grant
Other funding programs
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC)
- Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF)
- Futurpreneur Financing Program
- Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP)
- Youth Employment and Youth Employment Green Program
- CanExport Program
- Ontario Development Funds
Other tax credits
- Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED)
- Digital media tax credit
We are here to help
We understand that you want to be agile and responsive as the situation unfolds. Having access to experts, insights and accurate information as quickly as possible is critical—but your resources may be stretched at this time.
We’re here to support you as you navigate through the impacts of coronavirus on your business and your investments.
Grant Thornton LLP wants to caution that these rules are still new and continue to evolve as the government continues to re-evaluate the economic impact caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. We may still see changes to these measures—as well as new measures—as the government attempts to address the issues that have been raised by us and the tax community. Therefore, any analysis included herein, reflects our knowledge as of the date and time of this email and may no longer be applicable if changes do occur and you should proceed with caution before making any decisions.