- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Millard, DesLauriers & Shoemaker LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP partners with Pegasystems Inc.
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes The Raber Mattuck Group
- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes BVA LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Cogent Chartered Professional Accountants LLP of Saskatchewan
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Presley & Partners
- Friesen Pankratz & Associates LLP of Abbotsford joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Partridge Iggulden LLP joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Sylvie D. Levesque, CPA, CA to the firm
- Grant Thornton LLP named one of the 2020 Best Workplaces for Inclusion
- Grant Thornton CEO Kevin Ladner Reappointed for Second Term
- Grant Thornton LLP Grows Atlantic Region Team
- New Partners and Principals 2020
Grant Thornton LLP and SYSPRO Canada, proudly sponsored Manufacturers’ Outlook 2017 Report
Toronto, ON - January 23, 2017
Published by PLANT Magazine – partnering in the development of the report and sharing its findings.
Reflecting on engagement with over 500 leading manufacturing executives across the country, the report highlights key drivers of growth, including: innovation, exporting, investment and productivity.
This valuable study also outlines why most manufacturers are cautiously optimistic about their future and describes some of the new challenges on the horizon, such as the potential of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and the impact of cyber security risks.
As 2017 gets underway, many manufacturing leaders find themselves refocusing their efforts on business growth. Recent world events and uncertain near-future trade agreements; a fluctuating Canadian dollar; and volatile oil prices; give rise to interesting times for Canadian manufacturing when it comes to short and long term growth potential here in Canada and around the world.
“Now more than ever, Canadian manufacturers should leverage the global reputation of quality and trust that comes with their Made in Canada products,” says Jim Menzies. “It’s an advantage that more Canadian manufacturers should be exploiting worldwide.”
How can you learn more?
Webinar – Build a Sustainable Plan for Manufacturing Growth in 2017 (and beyond)
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 / Time: 1-2 pm EST
Host: PLANT Magazine
Social Media: Join the conversation before, during and after the webinar with #scale4success
Jim Menzies – National Leader, Manufacturing Industry, Grant Thornton
- Shane Troyer – Partner, Business Risk Services, Grant Thornton
- Dave Cavan – Regional Sales Manager, SYSPRO Canada
The webinar was designed to explore highlights of the Report, sharing insights into the top business areas that manufacturing executives need to note when planning for scalable and sustainable growth in 2017:
- Expansion into New Markets: Export opportunities and markets – challenges and common pitfalls when expanding or entering into new markets.
- Cyber Security: Hear first-hand why all manufacturers, regardless of company size, should be concerned - learn strategies as to how to protect their business.
- The Changing Face of “Connected” Technologies and Improved Productivity
Discover how businesses can prepare for sustainable growth by implementing vital, scalable business strategies to support their people, processes, and technology for a competitive advantage.
Registrants will receive a recording of the webinar.
“We encourage Canadian manufacturers to read the report and get involved in tomorrow’s webinar – be part of the conversation – help make 2017 a year of growth and success for Canadian manufacturers,” said Joe Terrett, Editor, PLANT Magazine.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing accounting, audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 130 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.