- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Millard, DesLauriers & Shoemaker LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP partners with Pegasystems Inc.
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes The Raber Mattuck Group
- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes BVA LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Cogent Chartered Professional Accountants LLP of Saskatchewan
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Presley & Partners
- Friesen Pankratz & Associates LLP of Abbotsford joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Partridge Iggulden LLP joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Sylvie D. Levesque, CPA, CA to the firm
- Grant Thornton LLP named one of the 2020 Best Workplaces for Inclusion
- Grant Thornton CEO Kevin Ladner Reappointed for Second Term
- Grant Thornton LLP Grows Atlantic Region Team
- New Partners and Principals 2020
Grant Thornton LLP, Canada, proudly announces that it was named one of the 2017 Best Workplaces for Women in Canada on March 6 – a true honour at a time when the world pays tribute to International Women’s Day.
Toronto, ON - March 8, 2017
Grant Thornton received this recognition after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work® Canada.
The results are based on the Great Place to Work survey, and in order to be considered, an organization must have a minimum 90% positive response to the statement "I am treated fairly regardless of my gender".
In fact, Grant Thornton LLP workforce reflects 59.3% females across Canada so this award is a tremendous result.
“We’re so honoured to receive this award,” said Kevin Ladner, Executive Partner & CEO, Grant Thornton LLP. “Enabling an environment where everyone has equal opportunity is essential. We want all of our people to succeed in what they do every day, in turn providing excellent service to our clients and each other, as peers and colleagues.”
Grant Thornton is committed to leading inclusively.
Two social posts will run on Grant Thornton social media channels each day from March 8 – 15, 2017. The posts will capture thoughts, sentiments and quotes that have inspired Grant Thornton people across the country, sharing a call to action for others to inspire, #InspiredbyPurple.
Follow the campaign at:
LinkedIn: Grant Thornton LLP Canada
“Some people wonder why organizations struggle to foster true diversity and inclusion,” said Dawne-Marie MacLeod, Partner & Leading Inclusively Leadership Council Chair at Grant Thornton LLP. “All too often it’s because they continue to operate with a traditional approach and mind-set, which may diminish opportunities for new leaders and voices.”
On the global front – Grant Thornton International issued its annual Women in Business - International Business Report (IBR) today. The survey of 5,500 businesses in 36 countries took a closer look at effective risk management as vital to future growth. The key findings:
- 1 in 4 senior business roles are now held by women, a slight increase from 2016, with developing regions continuing to lead the charge on diversity in the workplace.
- In times of uncertainty, being able to mitigate risks and seize opportunities is vital for business success. Men and women perceive and respond to risk differently, so firms with diverse leadership teams will benefit from better decision-making and more sustainable growth.
To view full report visit: www.internationalbusinessreport.com
Note to editors
About Great Place to Work®: Great Place to Work ® (GPTW) is the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Through proprietary assessment tools, advisory services, and certification programs, GPTW recognizes the world's Best Workplaces in a series of national lists including those published by Fortune magazine (USA) and The Globe & Mail (Canada). Great Place to Work® provides the benchmarks, framework, and expertise needed to create, sustain, and recognize outstanding workplace cultures. www.greatplacetowork.ca and @GPTW_Canada
For eligibility, surveyed organizations provided male/female breakdown by job level (non-management., middle management and senior management). The list of Best Workplaces for Women is based on direct feedback from employees of the surveyed organizations, and Great Place To Work ® confirms that the survey data has a 90% confidence and a plus or minus 5% margin of error.
The Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR)
The Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR) provides insight into the views and expectations of more than 10,000 businesses per year across 36 economies. This unique survey draws upon 22 years of trend data for most European participants and 11 years for many non-European economies. For more information, please visit: www.internationalbusinessreport.com
Data collection is managed by Grant Thornton’s core research partner, Millward Brown. Questionnaires are translated into local languages with each participating country having the option to ask a small number of country specific questions in addition to the core questionnaire. Fieldwork is undertaken on a quarterly basis. The research is carried out primarily by telephone.
IBR is a survey of both listed and privately held businesses. The data for this release is drawn from interviews with 5,506 chief executive officers, managing directors, chairmen or other senior executives from all industry sectors conducted between October and December 2016.
“Grant Thornton” refers to the brand under which the Grant Thornton member firms provide assurance, tax and advisory services to their clients and/or refers to one or more member firms, as the context requires. Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL) and the member firms are not a worldwide partnership. GTIL and each member firm is a separate legal entity. Services are delivered by the member firms. GTIL does not provide services to clients. GTIL and its member firms are not agents of, and do not obligate, one another and are not liable for one another’s acts or omissions.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing accounting, audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 130 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.