Whether your business is only beginning to sell to US customers, or US customers represent the core of your business, anticipating and dealing knowledgeably with the US tax environment is critical to your bottom line. Our full-service US corporate tax group can help in all tax aspects of doing business in the US. Given high US corporate tax rates, don't be surprised by a US tax liability only to find out that there were planning opportunities available to reduce it.
US tax law is complex, and its interaction with the Canada-US income tax treaty makes it even more complex. In addition, most of the 50 states have their own tax laws that often differ from federal tax law and each other. The US corporate tax team at Grant Thornton deals with US tax planning and compliance for Canadian businesses operating or selling products and services.
If you are a Canadian business selling goods and products in the US, a Canadian business with US subsidiaries, or a Canadian business looking to expand into the US market, we can help you with:
US corporate tax planning
• tax structuring of US expansion,
• permanent establishment and nexus studies,
• US tax minimization planning,
• US acquisition planning and due diligence,
• US capital structure planning,
• FATCA advisory and implementation,
• audit defense – both IRS and state.
US corporate tax compliance
• preparation of US federal and state tax returns
(corporate and partnership),
• preparation and review of US tax provisions,
• preparation of US withholding tax forms.
Our tax professionals work with you to deliver tailored solutions that may generate tax savings and avoid costly problems. We work closely with our Canadian tax and transfer pricing colleagues to provide a menu of tax planning options aimed at optimizing your global tax outcome.