- Grant Thornton LLP partners with Pegasystems Inc.
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes The Raber Mattuck Group
- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
Canadian Business Recognized for Achievements in Shaping Canada’s Business Landscape
Toronto, ON - November 15, 2017
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP are proud to announce the 2017 Private Business Growth Award winner – Rocky Mountaineer.
Celebrating its fifth year, this prestigious award shines a light on Canada’s best private businesses who accomplished remarkable achievements in strategic, sustainable and holistic growth. The winner was selected by an 8-person jury, based on a variety of categories including innovation, market development, people and culture, strategic leadership and improvement in financial measures.
“Rocky Mountaineer demonstrates how a business with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a vision for the future and a winning culture can attain success,” said Kevin Ladner, CEO and Executive Partner, Grant Thornton LLP. “I am honoured to recognize this innovative business and wish them continued success in the future.”
With state-of-the-art trains that travel across routes through the Pacific Northwest and into the heart of the Canadian Rockies, Rocky Mountaineer offers daylight journeys that provide unparalleled views of the scenery, exceptional guest service and an authentic Canadian experience.
Rocky Mountaineer has become one of the largest privately-owned rail tourism services in the world by successfully combining innovative rail car design, investment in their people, industry and communities to deliver an internationally-renowned luxury travel experience.
“By combining the beauty of the Canadian landscape with exemplary industry practices, Rocky Mountaineer provides an experience that will make visitors look forward to returning,” said the Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. “Their constant drive for excellence, their focus on innovation and their contributions to the community make them a fantastic choice for this important award.”
Rocky Mountaineer and fellow Top 10 Private Business Growth Award Finalists were recognized at a gala held at The Globe and Mail Centre on November 14, hosted by comedian, James Cunningham. To learn more about the Private Business Growth Award, visit www.PrivateBusinessGrowthAward.com.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.