Delivering tax services in complex environments
The financial and tax reporting obligations of public markets and global tax authorities take significant resources and investment to manage. Calculating global tax provision estimates under US GAAP, IFRS, and other frameworks, and reconciling this reporting with tax compliance obligations requires a tax professional with a specialized skill set.
Multinational corporations, Canadian companies both private and public, as well as subsidiaries of foreign entities are frequently challenged with balancing the financial reporting and compliance implications related to domestic and cross-border tax planning, mergers and acquisition activity, financing structures and other complex transactions.
Tax services that go beyond the basics
The tax reporting & advisory professionals at Grant Thornton work closely with clients to help manage the obligations of a tax function. In addition to delivering high-quality tax provision estimates and tax filings, we collaborate with our colleagues to deliver a comprehensive lineup of business services that can help you:
- Identify tax-related risks and opportunities related to transfer pricing, inbound and outbound financing, and investment strategies, R&D and government incentives, financing structures and the cross-border movement of your people
- Integrate tax reporting obligations with internal financial reporting and controls, both in Canada and abroad
- Optimize your tax processes through introducing automation tools
- Coordinate your global tax compliance through the Grant Thornton International member network
- Manage compliance risks, such as sales and payroll tax
- Develop tax-efficient business strategies, such as reorganizations, employee remuneration plans, and supply chain tax efficiency
To better manage your risks, identify opportunities and position your organization for the future, contact the Grant Thornton tax reporting & advisory team.