- Tax planning and compliance
- Research & development, government incentives Research & development, government incentives
- Indirect tax
- Global mobility services
- US corporate tax
- US personal tax
- Transfer pricing Transfer pricing
- Succession & estate planning
- Tax Reporting & Advisory
A global approach to help you excel beyond Canada’s borders
While there is great opportunity for businesses looking to expand globally, organizations are under increasing tax scrutiny.
Regardless of your company’s size and level of international involvement—whether you’re working abroad, investing, buying and selling, borrowing or manufacturing—doing business beyond Canada’s borders comes with its fair share of tax risks.
Protect your profits and minimize your tax liabilities
Surprises from complex offshore tax rules can be costly to say the least. At Grant Thornton, we focus on helping you make the most of your international ventures while ensuring your profits are protected and foreign tax liabilities are minimized.
With a rapidly changing global environment, we can help you keep up to date with global developments, help you with strategies that are in step with the latest legislative, administrative and judicial developments as well as help align your tax plan with current and future business objectives. Our goal is always to develop a plan that meets your global needs and eliminates tax inefficiencies.
Global expertise and industry-specific experience
Our international tax professionals believe in building strong relationships with organizations: it’s how we truly get to know your unique challenges and opportunities. With our tax expertise, expansive global network and industry-specific experience, you can be confident that we can manage your tax affairs in multiple jurisdictions.
Our services focus on helping our clients develop and implement tax structures in respect of investment into and out of Canada.
If you’re a non-resident looking to invest or do business in Canada, we can help you:
- determine whether activities in Canada create a taxable nexus,
- structure both new and existing Canadian investments
- establish exit strategies
- manage withholding tax
- repatriate structures from Canada
- finance Canadian operations or acquisitions
- navigate compliance matters
If you’re a Canadian planning on investing or doing business abroad, we can advise on:
- taxation of foreign earnings before repatriation to Canada
- acquisitions and divestitures
- reorganizations (e.g. IP planning)