- Tax planning and compliance
- Research & development, government incentives Research & development, government incentives
- Indirect tax
- Global mobility services
- US corporate tax
- US personal tax
- Transfer pricing Transfer pricing
- Succession & estate planning
- Tax Reporting & Advisory
Like many private business owners today, you’ve spent your career building and running your business successfully. Now you’re faced with deciding on a successor—a successor who may or may not want your direct involvement and share your vision.
Whether you’re transitioning a business or an accumulation of wealth, having a succession plan or an estate plan in place is the only way to ensure an effective and smooth transition of your business and wealth. The decisions you make now will affect the future of your business, customers, employees and, most importantly, your family.
Family-owned businesses face many unique issues when developing and implementing a succession and estate plan. We understand that. Our clients tell us that they appreciate the way we work with them and the knowledge and experience we bring to developing succession and estate plans. We work with your family well in advance of the anticipated transition to ensure that tax, communication and industry-specific issues are addressed, while helping you maintain the value of the business and balance family relationships throughout the process.
Each of our services focuses on maximizing opportunities for your business. They include:
- Facilitation services
- Business succession planning
- Trust planning, including safeguarding assets, reducing probate fees, and holding shares in a family-owned company
- Domestic and cross-jurisdictional tax minimization strategies
- Will planning and review
- Post-mortem planning—including avoiding double taxation
- Asset disposition planning
- Charitable gift planning