Most businesses face challenges, but the COVID-19 outbreak has increased safety concerns and new business risks.
We understand that shortened seasons, delays in shipments, trade restrictions, and travel difficulties are causing increasing uncertainty. The good news is that you may be able to get the financial help you need to keep going today, so you will be in a position to prosper when conditions stabilize.
Credit and Loan Programs for those working in the Nova Scotia Fishing Industry.Read more
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
Small businesses and not-for-profit organizations can get interest-free loans of up to $40,000, helping them stay afloat while business and income is down.
Rental relief for small businesses: Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA)
Business owners can now receive a series of lease or rent relief options to limit costs while COVID-19 is still affecting business.
This program can help your business avoid layoffs when business is slowing down due to unpredictable periods, such as the pandemic.
Temporary Wage Subsidy
The program offers savings to business owners by reducing the tax they pay on their employees’ wages.
- The Mandatory Isolation Support for Temporary Foreign Workers Program (MISTFWP)
- Helping food producers access more PPE and adapt to health protocols
- Perennia Food and Agriculture Inc.
- Government of Nova Scotia
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- World Health Organization
- Canadian Government – Public Health
- Business Development bank of Canada
- Prime Minister’s Office – Latest Updates