As a business owner, you’ve spent your entire life building a successful company and you deserve to protect it—even after you’re gone. Having an estate and succession plan in place can ensure a smooth transition. The decisions you make today will affect the future of your entire business operations and most importantly your family. Does your business have a strategic plan in place and are you aware of the tax implications after the owner passes?
During the webinar, you’ll learn:
- what happens to a business owners’ assets after they die
- tax compliance requirements on death and going forward
- implications of appointing a non-resident trustee or having a non-resident beneficiary
- impacts of dying while holding private company shares
- tax planning strategies for business owners
Inspiration in your inbox!
Get the best of what Grant Thornton’s newsletters and webinars have to offer, delivered right to your inbox, to help you:
- Leverage the latest thinking from our subject matter experts
- Keep track of the latest legislative and regulatory developments
- Gain new insights for new growth
- Map your organization’s journey to innovation