- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Millard, DesLauriers & Shoemaker LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP partners with Pegasystems Inc.
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes The Raber Mattuck Group
- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes BVA LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Cogent Chartered Professional Accountants LLP of Saskatchewan
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Presley & Partners
- Friesen Pankratz & Associates LLP of Abbotsford joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Partridge Iggulden LLP joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Sylvie D. Levesque, CPA, CA to the firm
- Grant Thornton LLP named one of the 2020 Best Workplaces for Inclusion
- Grant Thornton CEO Kevin Ladner Reappointed for Second Term
- Grant Thornton LLP Grows Atlantic Region Team
- New Partners and Principals 2020
With its ongoing commitment to helping clients, colleagues and communities thrive, Grant Thornton LLP is thrilled to announce the appointment of two new hires for the Atlantic region, both based in Halifax.
Experts in their respective fields, Phil Clarke has joined the Recovery and Reorganization team with the Advisory Services as Partner and John Paul (“JP”) Furey has joined the Audit and Assurance services as Principal. They join a strong team in Nova Scotia, working to elevate Grant Thornton’s clients’ businesses in Atlantic Canada and making a positive impact in communities across the region.
“Phil and JP are exciting additions to our Atlantic regional team,” said Michele Williams, Regional Managing Partner for Atlantic Canada, Grant Thornton. “They both have strong track records and a commitment to community that align perfectly with our firm and our purpose. I look forward to what we’ll be able to accomplish together in 2020 and beyond across the Atlantic region.”
Both Phil and JP have strong skill sets that compliment Grant Thornton’s client-centric team. Phil brings strong advisory experience from his previous work at other professional services firms, while JP brings executive experience having served as both CFO and CEO of a local business.
“I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Phil and JP as we continue to focus on working collaboratively with our clients on their growth and success,” said Wade Taylor, Managing Partner for Nova Scotia. “As Grant Thornton continues to prioritize its purpose – helping clients, colleagues and communities thrive – we will make an even stronger impact with Phil and JP on the team.”
Grant Thornton is currently executing on a strategic plan with a focus on growth, evolution and culture with a priority on ensuring that the firm has the structure, team and resources in place to anticipate both opportunities and challenges facing businesses every day. Those commitments compliment a firm-wide priority placed on community, where the firm actively brings leaders together from all walks of life to think about what’s possible for the neighborhoods and cities in which they work and live.
Phil Clarke Biography
Phil brings with him almost two decades of expertise providing financial, restructuring, strategy and operations, and aboriginal consulting services to a diverse range of clientele. He helps elevate his clients’ businesses across a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, retail, real estate, agriculture/fishing and construction.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Phil worked at two global professional services firms based in Halifax, holding the positions of partner at both.
Phil’s passion and experience lie in helping companies solve complex business problems, turn around operations, and scale-up, which allows him to leverage his hands-on experience aiding underperforming businesses plan and implement recovery strategies. His work with clients at virtually all stages of development and growth make him an asset to clients, while providing additional depth to Grant Thornton’s offering.
Phil is active on local boards and as a member of his community, including serving as Chair of St. John’s Ambulance Canada, Treasurer and Board Member of Children’s Wish Foundation, and being recognized with the Knight of the Order of St. John’s, Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal.
JP Furey Biography
JP’s domestic and international experience has focused on financial management, operational leadership, and business development, coupled with significant board and governance experience. Through his commitment to going above and beyond, JP has built a strong reputation for providing guidance and advice that truly elevates his clients’ businesses.
JP’s experience includes serving as both CFO and CEO of a Halifax based growth stage technology company, with responsibilities for strategic and operational direction in additional raising of capital and financial oversight. Prior to that he was a senior manager at a global professional services firm in Halifax. His advisory experience combined with understanding of the industries in which he serves means he can support clients with a unique ability to understand the challenges and opportunities facing them.
JP has received awards in virtually every position he has held, recognizing contributions related to innovation, business growth, client engagement, sales and revenue, and overall top performance.
He has also been appointed to multiple boards for Canadian and internationally based private companies and was a past board member of Soccer Nova Scotia.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing accounting, audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 130 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.
For further information, please contact:
National Marketing & Communications Leader
T +1 416 369 7056