- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Millard, DesLauriers & Shoemaker LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP partners with Pegasystems Inc.
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes The Raber Mattuck Group
- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes BVA LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Cogent Chartered Professional Accountants LLP of Saskatchewan
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Presley & Partners
- Friesen Pankratz & Associates LLP of Abbotsford joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Partridge Iggulden LLP joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Sylvie D. Levesque, CPA, CA to the firm
- Grant Thornton LLP named one of the 2020 Best Workplaces for Inclusion
- Grant Thornton CEO Kevin Ladner Reappointed for Second Term
- Grant Thornton LLP Grows Atlantic Region Team
- New Partners and Principals 2020
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP proudly announce the 2016 Top 10 Finalists for the national Private Business Growth Award.
Toronto, ON - October 21, 2016
This distinguished award pays tribute to the integral role that Canada’s private businesses play in growing our country’s economy.
Celebrating 10 Canadian Private Business Growth Success Stories – The following Top 10 private businesses were selected by an independent Jury of business leaders, for their successful, sustainable and holistic growth strategies (in alphabetical order):
- AGNORA Inc., Collingwood, ON
- Aspin Kemp & Associates, Montague, PE
- BioScript Pharmacy, Moncton, NB
- Cows Inc., Charlottetown, PE
- Everest Clinical Research Corporation, Markham, ON
- Klick Inc., Toronto, ON
- Nicola Wealth Management, Vancouver, BC
- Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd, Surrey, BC
- Skyline Group of Companies, Guelph, ON
- StarTech.com, London, ON
Award Gala: These finalists will be celebrated, and the official first place winner will be announced, at a gala at The Design Exchange on November 16, 2016 in Toronto. The evening will be hosted by Canadian business journalist, Deirdre McMurdy.
“The goal of this annual award is to showcase business success stories — when Canadian businesses strive to be innovative and embrace strategic thinking, they create jobs and build prosperity for communities across the country,” said Kevin Ladner, CPA, CA, CBV, CEO and Executive Partner, Grant Thornton LLP. “I commend these finalists for their outstanding growth and success.”
“This year’s finalists are on unique and engaging growth pathways,” says Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of The Canadian Chamber of Commerce. “We need to celebrate their accomplishments – collectively they are helping to drive our Canadian economy forward, paving the path for a prosperous future.”
In selecting the Top 10 Finalists, jury members used the following five criteria to assess strategic growth across various aspects of the nominees’ businesses:
- Innovation: Developing new products and services, bringing old products to market in a new way, as well as improving the efficiency and effectiveness of internal processes.
- Market development: How they go to market and expand into new domestic or international markets.
- People and culture: Investing in their people by helping employees learn and develop as a critical part of overall growth.
- Strategic leadership: How they interact with partners, stakeholders, their succession planning and community involvement.
- Improvements in financial measures: Ensuring revenue growth and improvements in profitability.
This year’s accomplished jury includes:
- The Honourable Perrin Beatty, President and CEO, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Phil Noble, Past CEO and Strategic Advisor to Firm Leadership, Grant Thornton LLP
- Christiane Bergevin, President, Bergevin Capital
- Peggy Cunningham, Professor and RA Jodrey Chair, Dalhousie University Business School
- Malcolm Hunter, President, Deeley Group of Companies
- Sean Stanleigh, Managing Editor, Globe Content Studio, the Globe and Mail
- Paul Straus, President, Home Hardware Stores Limited
Working together to recognize, validate & celebrate private business success stories, paving the path for future growth!
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing accounting, audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 130 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.