- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Millard, DesLauriers & Shoemaker LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP partners with Pegasystems Inc.
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes The Raber Mattuck Group
- Sedgwick Post & Hogg Joins Forces with Grant Thornton LLP
- Skrypnyk Group joins Grant Thornton effective February 1st
- Grant Thornton welcomes Berg Lehmann of the West Kootenay region to the firm
- Grant Thornton welcomes Grayling Business Consulting to the firm
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc., winner of the 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Grant Thornton LLP expands Management Consulting portfolio by joining with GrowthPoint Advisory Services Inc.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Months of hard work, a lifetime of rewards.
- Private Business Growth Award 2018 - Finalists
- Grant Thornton and TheCannalysts host WE Cann™2018
- MacPherson Roche Smith joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton and Volta unite to help grow Canadian startups
- Grant Thornton LLP Canada welcomes Drew Lee-Hai to the firm
- The search is on for Canada’s top private business!
- New Partners and Principals
- MM&P LLP joins Grant Thornton effective March 1st
- 2019 Canadian Federal Budget
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes BVA LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Cogent Chartered Professional Accountants LLP of Saskatchewan
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Presley & Partners
- Friesen Pankratz & Associates LLP of Abbotsford joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Partridge Iggulden LLP joins Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP welcomes Sylvie D. Levesque, CPA, CA to the firm
- Grant Thornton LLP named one of the 2020 Best Workplaces for Inclusion
- Grant Thornton CEO Kevin Ladner Reappointed for Second Term
- Grant Thornton LLP Grows Atlantic Region Team
- New Partners and Principals 2020
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP are proud to announce the 2017 Top 10 Finalists for the Private Business Growth Award.
Toronto, ON - October 16, 2017
Celebrating its fifth year, the award recognizes ten of Canada’s best private businesses who have made remarkable achievements in strategic, sustainable and holistic growth.
Selected by an 8-person jury, the Top 10 Finalists were chosen based on a variety of categories including innovation, market development, people and culture, strategic leadership and improvement in financial measures.
The 2017 Top 10 Finalists include:
- Canada Pump and Power - Ardrossan, AB
- Clarion Medical - Cambridge, ON
- DME Group - Charlottetown, PEI
- Hibar Systems Ltd. - Richmond Hill, ON
- Orion Plastics - Edmonton, AB
- Protocase Inc. - Sydney, NS
- REDspace Inc. - Bedford, NS
- Rocky Mountaineer - Vancouver, BC
- Vendasta - Saskatoon, SK
- Wilson Fuel Co. Ltd. - Halifax, NS
“The finalists demonstrate a collective passion for hard work, commitment and perseverance which underlines their importance in the Canadian economy,” said Kevin Ladner, FCPA, CA, CBV, CEO and Executive Partner, Grant Thornton LLP. “Their desire to contribute to the prosperity of local communities is an inspiration, and I wish each success at the upcoming gala ceremony.”
“These companies are among the best and the brightest of Canada’s private businesses. Their accomplishments speak volumes about the entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness present in every region in Canada,” said the Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. “It is impressive to see such a diverse range of businesses represented in the Top 10. By celebrating their achievements, we hope to inspire many more entrepreneurs to follow in their path.”
Members of the 2017 jury include:
- The Honourable Perrin Beatty, President and CEO, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Kevin Ladner, CEO and Executive Partner, Grant Thornton LLP
- Christiane Bergevin, President, Bergevin Capital
- Peggy Cunningham, Professor and RA Jodrey Chair, Dalhousie University Business School
- Malcolm Hunter, President, Deeley Group of Companies
- Peter Snucins, President and CEO, Polycorp Ltd
- Sean Stanleigh, Managing Editor, Globe Content Studio, The Globe and Mail
- Paul Straus, President, Home Hardware Stores Limited
The official first place winner will be announced at a gala ceremony on November 14, 2017, at The Globe and Mail Centre. To learn more about the Private Business Growth Award, visit www.PrivateBusinessGrowthAward.com.
About The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce is the vital connection between business and the federal government. It helps shape public policy and decision-making to the benefit of businesses, communities and families across Canada with a network of over 450 chambers of commerce and boards of trade, representing 200,000 businesses of all sizes in all sectors of the economy and in all regions. Follow us on Twitter @CdnChamberofCom.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing accounting, audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 130 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.