Defining cross-border tax strategies for today and tomorrow.
There’s more to doing your taxes than filling out forms. Having a deep understanding of the tax laws on both sides of the border is critical—but the evolving regulations, laws, and landscape can be overwhelming. That’s where we can help. Our team’s deep technical knowledge can cut through the complicated and help you develop a tax-efficient strategy that addresses your needs today and anticipates them tomorrow.
We make everything less taxing for you
Our advisors invest the time to understand your unique situation and tailor solutions to the cross-border tax and compliance issues you may be experiencing. Our goal is to make the process easy and efficient for you. We can help you:
- prepare US Individual Tax Returns: Forms 1040, 1040NR, and State income tax returns
- plan retirement funds such as IRA and 401(k) plans, estate taxes, foreign tax credit maximization
- complete ITIN applications on Form W-7, various versions of Form W-8BEN, and other forms as required
- file clearance certificates and applications for withholding tax exemption or reduction
- prepare final income tax and estate tax returns for Canadian and US tax purposes
Please reach out to your Grant Thornton advisor if you would like to learn more or contact us here.